Our practice nurses have particular skills in health promotion, contraception, foreign travel advice, immunisations, on-going care of asthmatics, diabetics and coronary heart disease and in caring for wounds. They also remove stitches, take cervical smears and syringe ears. If the nurses feel that you need to see a doctor, they will refer you on. Equally, you will often find that the doctors refer you on to the nurses.
- Sister Liz Bullen – Practice Nurse
- Sister Debbie Cocking – Practice Nurse
- Mr Jason Long – Paramedic
- Mrs Judith Strong – Health Practitioner
- Miss Kirstie Brown – Health Practitioner
Healthcare assistants support practice nurses with their daily work and carry out tasks such as phlebotomy (drawing blood), blood pressure measurement and new patient checks. They may act as a chaperone when a patient or doctor requests one.
- Tracy Baylis – Healthcare Assistant
- Sally Benny – Healthcare Assistant
- Sophie Curtis – Sophie is a phlebotomist as well as a receptionist here at the surgery. She can also take blood pressure and see people for INR’s.